Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Chicken sandwiches

I've always been a fan of Chick-Fil-A. When I was a kid, they were only in malls, but later on, when I was in college, they started popping up as regular fast food places with a drive-thru and all. Their chicken sandwich and chicken nuggets are the best you can get from a fast food joint, plus they've got other unique things like the waffle fries and lemonade. I think Chick-Fil-A is a chain that you can only find in the South (but I think they are expanding into other areas now). The part I don't get is why it's taken so long for another fast food chain to make a Chick-Fil-A style chicken sandwich. McDonalds has one now, their "Southern-style" sandwich. I tried one the other day, prepared to be disappointed, but I wasn't. It was the buttery bun, the crispy/juicy chicken breast, and 2 pickles, very similar to Chick-Fil-A, and certainly good enough considering I have no idea where the nearest one is. They've also got a chicken biscuit for breakfast, but I haven't tried that yet.

Now, if only a national chain would rip off Braum's....

No comments: